Sunday, April 24, 2005

Delirium

You know the best thing about aeroplanes? Apart from the peanuts in the little silver bags, I mean. It's looking out of the windows at the clouds, and thinking, maybe I could go walking in there. Maybe it's a special place where everything's okay. Sometimes I do go walking in the clouds. But it's just cold and wet and empty, but when you look out of a plane it's a special world... and I like that.
-Delirium, Brief Lives

Delirium IS me! This character created by Neil Gaiman is an amazing person (yes just like me).. in fact Gaiman is a nice guy.. he co-authored Good Omens with Terry Pratchett.. he is not as good as TP in my opinion but he is "interesting" (and he has nice hair ya Chris :) just like Jim Carrey! :) actually Gaiman's hair is muuuch nicer.. check the link)

Anyway.. so today's blog is dedicated to my favorite Delirium quotes.. Enjoy :)

I think you're very nice. I think twinkle's a nice word. So's viridian. I met a lady once who had an imaginary fish. -Delirium, in Brief Lives

“Um. What's the name of the word for things not being the same always. You know. I'm sure there is one. Isn't there? There must be a word for it ... the thing that lets you know time is happening. Is there a word?”“ Change.”- Delirium and Dream, Brief Lives

"Funny, she looks smaller from outside her head."

"Have you ever spent days and days and days making up flavors of ice cream that no one’s ever eaten before? Like chicken and telephone ice cream?... Green mouse ice cream was the worst. I didn’t like that at all."
-Delirium, in Brief Lives


and finally:

- Del? That's not for eating. I think it's a table decoration.
- It's nice. It tastes a bit like forever... I like the way colors taste. Except I don't like crimsons... or turquoises... especially when they put their heads in their shells and won't play, and when you break their shells to let them out, they DIE...
- That's turtles, dear. Or tortoises.
- I think it's Turquoises

Delirium, with Death and Despair helping a bit, in The Wake


She IS *me* ;)

2 comments:

Christian said...

Those are some weird quotes I must say, but very imaginative.
And OMG at the guy's hair, it looks plain stupid! He might as well wear shiny shirts and call it 1985 :p

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the quotes :D and I do believe she is you. You're right after all.