Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Bits & Pieces..

When it rains, it pours.. and when i wished for rain, i had to be more specific about my wish.. (like i didnt specify i wanted water not frogs.. actually i wanted frogs -going by the Frog Prince theme- and it rained hmmmm, normal people!)
I remember in Hong Kong (i sound like i lived there whereas i only spent a week).. anyway I remember in HK when it used to rain (i.e. every 2-3 hours) i always kept saying the song "It's Raining Men".. cool song...

I got two tapes yesterday, one for Tori Amos.. i just got it because Neil Gaiman (the one who wrote Coraline ya Karim :P i always do that with Karim.. i tell him Terry Pratchet then i proceed to explain that TP is the man whom he got me his book "The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents" as if he has the memory span of a goldfish :) which he doesnt... but i still dont know why or rather HOW he forgot my birthday) so NG says that Tori Amos and Delirium "steal from each other shamelessly" (in character that is).. fa since am Delirium i thought i must like TA.
The other tape i got is a Ray Charles thing.. its a tape keda that has his duets with other people (norah jones, natalie cole, bb king, elton john, etc etc).. i think thats a good one..

w eih kaman.... hmmmm.... Let's talk about Corba.. in May (i think) Masr El Gedida *a.k.a Heliopolis* will be 100 years old! cooool :)
So, to celebrate this, they decided to renovate Corba! so they painted it and fixed it all over thru fundraising campaigns... weirdly enough, its not as bad as it sounds.. It's actually "okay".. of course it lost a little of its initial charm.. but it was nicely done.. they even had these little same-color, same design boxes for air-conditioners that were painted like the buildings :) fa its cool..

April was always a weird month for me.. it's just so transparent (dustily transparent sometimes) keda.. i dont know....

hmmmm, Prince Rainier of Monaco passed away.. a nice guy i think.. rich too... ;)

w eih kaman..... je ne sais plus!

(no mention of my emotional state ;))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I decided to get me a blogger account just so I can post comments to your blog...yekhreb beit el 7ob w sneeno :D Tori Amos is cool. I think there may be one of her songs that I understood :) but she definitely has her own style. What's with your emotional state??