Saturday, October 29, 2005

These are a few of my favorite things...

(a real post yaaaaaaaaaay!)

So, as it happens, am in a bloggy mood today :) In case you havent noticed (and you probably havent, i mean most of you have but some havent).. I've blogged lyrics yesterday... Today, the real thing :) I remembered now a Friends episode where Chandler goes like "This is the Real Thing. Capital R, Capital T" :)

Anyhow, on with the post...

* Charm Bracelets
i luv them... i just do.. you know this tradition when you get a charm bracelet and every occassion (every anniversary, every birthday, whatever), you add one small toy that means something or refers to something? I always wanted to do that :) And maybe one day i'll do that.. but i'll have to buy a new charm every month or something, to make up for the lost time :)
this seems to be something like i have in mind.. (esp that the purple stone is Amethyst, my birthstone)

* What am reading
hmmmm... I finished "The Rule of Four" almost a week or more ago.. I liked it.. not LIKED it, just liked it.. i dont regret reading it, but it didnt knock me of my feet at all.. not reading anything else at the moment.. just some women magazines.. waiting for the Diwan trip..

* R.E.M. (pronounced "rem" by me :))
I discovered i actually like REM.. dont know many of their songs honestly, but I luv Imitation of Life.. And i luv Losing My Religion (its one of the few songs that i actually like when someone sings it on his guitar).. Been singing (no.. humming :)) it for a couple of days now....
you can download it from here (that was so cool to find it! illegal but cool :))
The tune is so catchy but its mainly the words that i like so much :)

Life is bigger
It’s bigger than you
And you are not me
The lengths that I will go to
The distance in your eyes
Oh no, I’ve said too much
I set it up

(chorus)
That’s me in the corner
That’s me in the spotlight
Losing my religion
Trying to keep up with you
And I don’t know if I can do it
Oh no, I’ve said too much
I haven’t said enough
I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try

Every whisper
Of every waking hour i’m
Choosing my confessions
Trying to keep an eye on you
Like a hurt lost and blinded fool, fool
Oh no, I’ve said too much
I set it up
Consider this
Consider this
The hint of the century
Consider this
The slip that brought me
To my knees failed
What if all these fantasies
Come flailing around
Now I’ve said too much
I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try

But that was just a dream
That was just a dream

7 comments:

Christian said...

And you just had to include some lyrics, didn't you? :@

The Duke of Darkness said...

am here to basically say the same thing, Chris.

Nag is cheating.

put's a couple of lines then fills the rest with Lyrics.

I don't even see any spam comments. seems like her blog is losing ground.

Nag,
Show some respect!!!!!!!!!:P

Anonymous said...

I was in Harris Cafe yesterday and just as I sat down the song started to play... it was "7aga betda7ak" as you would put it cause I haven't listened to it in years...I like "Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M

Anonymous said...

I love the charm bracelet :) What's a birthstone (or is it birth stone...birth-stone)?

Nag said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_stone#Birthstones

a birthstone is a stone related to your month of birth..
Ours (yours and mine) is Amethyst.. a lovely purple stone.. i have 2 pendants amethyst aslan and one necklace all amethyst..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amethyst
here they tell you cool stuff about it..

"tradition maintains that amethyst assists those who wear it in maintain their faithfulness, causing peace and calmness of mind. It was often carried by soldiers on the shafts of spears and on swords as a charm against death, being thought to bring calmness and victory in battle. However it is also thought that the protection and long life that amethyst owner has is being drawn from people nearby/enemies killed, thus stealing other's lifeforce in return of prolonging theirs." :):)

Christian said...

I think we're being ignored intentionally duke :D

Nag said...

yace you are ignored... wait for a real blog today :)