Saturday, March 15, 2008

47...

And so it is
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time
And so it is
The shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky


It's funny.. if "funny" can be the correct word to mean a mixture of weird annoying silly sweet confusing nice right and wrong.. I was in Beirut for a day (again!) and i realized, i love this city.. people are really polite, nice, and respectful.. i wouldnt mind at all staying there for longer next time.. They are not the loud, negative, annoying, condenscending people we deal with here.. Everything is clean and nice.. and the fooooood.. the food :) if i lived here, i would never think of eating junk ever again.. its not only about the lebanese food (which i love!).. they have a lot of sushi joints, italian, international, etc.. the service is great.. the food is prepared with love.. yes i am a little over-reacting but you need a background (which i wont give)..

for one week before i travel, i have been living on coffee and painkillers alone with minimal food intake.. i arrived there @ 7 pm, was supposed to shower and go out, but instead i showered, sat in bed, ordered room service and watched Showtime Comedy.. soooo unlike my travelling behavior, but i needed my chillout time..

* 47 butterflies in my stomach.. 47 backup plans that dont work.. 47 faults to blame myself for.. or 47 steps of fortune? :)

*The three letters: MCV.. and my question always "and this one too was yours?" :)

...and I discovered that the answer to life, the universe, and everything is not forty-two like i used to think, but 47.. (i know.. it doesnt even make sense)

3adi ba2a.. I decided to build a shell, and be the cocoon..


What am reading these days:
I finally got over my reader's block with "Please Mr. Einestein"... a very very interesting read.. and i dont even like physics to start with.. but all this talk about relativity its really getting to my head.. i should be starting (and finishing) The Kite Runner soon for a book discussion.. but i dont know how that will go...


On me dit que nos vies ne valent pas grand chose
Elles passent en un instant comme fanent les roses.
On me dit que le temps qui glisse est un salaud
Que de nos chagrins il s'en fait des manteaux
Pourtant quelqu'un m'a dit...

Que tu m'aimais encore
C'est quelqu'un qui m'a dit que tu m'aimais encore.
Serait-ce possible alors ?

On me dit que l'destin se moque bien de nous
Qu'il ne nous donne rien et qu'il nous promet tout
Paraît que le bonheur est à portée de main
Alors on tend la main et on se retrouve fou
Pourtant quelqu'un m'a dit...

Check it out @ http://youtube.com/watch?v=GsUlSvtziXU

3 comments:

Christian said...

You can't hate a city you're staying in for a day at a time.
But I kinda understand anyway.

When are you coming to Seattle? It's better than Beirut :)

Nag said...

i miss you too... lets meet up somewhere in europe...

amrika b3eeda awi and too much hassle... maybe one day tho..

why dont we really arrange a euro trip with duke w keda?

Christian said...

Let's! That'd be awesome.
Yalla begad nerateb 7aga el marrady.