Tuesday, April 18, 2006

thoughts...

* Politics
dont worry.. am not talking about politics.. am talking about my last post who no one seemed to read except Mayonaisa (Duchess Meyo :)) and Nerro.. this means eno i either lost my popularity as a blogger so you stopped checking my posts, or that you dont like me talking political :D so until further notice, am back to normal mode :D

* BCC (not BBC)
for some -weird and unknown- reason, i dont like the BCC feature.. it just bugs me.. esp when ppl send you the kind of fwd that makes you think eno "hmmm.. i wonder who else they sent it to"... i dont know why i wanted to blog this point, but am sure i had a pretty good reason.. ah.. its the gam3eya thing.. ppl send a reminder to pay a gam3eya and i feel like am the only one who didnt pay, just to find eno no one paid.. 7aga keda :D

* Words I say a lot
-eno (eno ya3ni i use it like the lebanese use it.. i am not bluffing, i seriously do!)
-cool
-eshta
-fa eih? (as in "so you did kaza kaza, fa eih? what now?")
-7asal kheir (ppl hate it sometimes coz it makes them feel eno am shutting them up but i say it when sthg happens to me, not only when it happens to others)
-yalla ma3lish (it started as a joke but it caught on :))
-alright (pronounced "orrite" :D)
-ah ok (i say it a LOT)
-fahem/fahma asdi?
- blablabla
- Something/Someone is such a cow
-keda
-bta3

(lol after reading my most said words, i felt eno they say about me eno am a very lala person.. am not.. i just take things lightly and i dont always communicate my tension)

* The Greedy Culture
They call Egyptians a consumer culture.. (you can judge if you're ever in a supermarket outside Egypt and you track the behavior of buyers).. What i discovered that its a thing common among our Arab fellows as well... did you check MBC 4 ads? did you notice that two of them revolves on the "mafi" attitude? "Mafi Philadelphia.. Mafi masroof".. "Mafi Danao.. mafi danao??? mafi danaaaaooo"
eno ya3ni we're not that much of mafagee3 fa cut it out already!

hmmmmm.... c'est tout for now... wait.... no lyrics or quotes or speeches? hmmmm... am listening to "Feelin the same way all over again" for Norah Jones... not bloggable awi.. now there is a bloggable song, Gavin DeGraw "I Dont Want to be"

i have other bloggable thoughts... some of them will have to do with the "young people with disposable income" theory discussed by Anonymous (a.k.a hussam) @ M &S last week.. its actually an interesting topic..

bbye now,
N.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

* Words I say a lot
Bas ba'a.
You forgot "Bas ba'a" you use this one a lot bardo :)

The Duke of Darkness said...

How do we know if it's pinky or the brain is talking

Or do they always speak together:)

@ Nag, It's not that we don't like you talking politics. I'll speak for myself so replace the "we" with "I". You know i could ve replaced it and spared all these lines, but hell, it won't be that fun if i just replaced the "we" with an "I" to tell you I speak for myself not the entire universe or me or the Duchess since you tend to always treat us as one entity, the thing is "EYE" am not used to you being that serious. There was a new anger and vigor in that post.

I was like, What now?! There must be something really messed up with the world for the grinny cat to lose the smile and jump into the politics dumpster!!!

Anyway, "EYE" know you are not a lala person, but rather a sophisticated "Dark" person who has been out darking me of late

Christian said...

Come see the consumerism (if that's even a word) in the US, you'll have second thoughts about the Egyptian culture as a consumer culture. The only aspect where I'd have to give it to the Egyptians is mobile phone craze.

Politics talk is not necessarily bad, I just avoid it because of a few reasons:
1. People get very emotionally charged.
2. People often know very little about what they're talking about in Politics, they just have to have an opinion don't they.
I'm usually included in the definition for people :)

You got the words mostly right :)
"Fa eih" is mine too, did you catch it from me or did you already have it? :)
There also seems to be a few news ones on the list :) "Yalla ma3lish" in particular.

Anonymous said...

I actually liked your politics post, but I just didn't feel like saying anything :) So don't worry. Your blog is still alive, and it's OK to talk serious every once in a while.

Nag said...

Pinky-
i do say bass ba2a a lot actually :D very true...

Duke-
Its pinky talking... we know because brains are smart enough NOT to talk.. i know that because i talk :D
abt politics, i _think_ about these stuff but i dont talk about it 3ashan more often than not i dont like people's attitudes.. like those who tell you "they do it to themselves" when discussing the palestinian diaspora!

Chris-
didnt catch it from you no.. it came to me men zaman since i started becoming impatient..

Karembu-
praw praw