Thursday, April 06, 2006

Boomerang-ing (Part I)

(know i should blog Budapest, but bear with me.. its coming up)

* Career Woman
not really.. but would like to be one _soon_ day isA :D right now it's more of a "career girl".. am still trying to find what am looking for... one would argue i dont know it yet.. but i do.. i am just not clear about it yet and so i dont want to share it... my ex-boss in my current company once told me sthg like "you have something very few people have.. you put passion in what you do and you do it with dedication" or something of the sort :) (of course that wasnt WA who said so.. God forbid he says something positive about me! it was SA akeed).. I know i put passion in what i do.. many times i take things personally in my hands and i get it done.. i know i let many people down, but that mostly happens when trying to please everyone..
i like the fact that some people (even if they are very few) consider me to be the person they go to when they have a question that goes like "whom do i go to if i want to....?" and i really hate it when i feel i've stopped contributing positively..

* Meshmesha 3awwww
Nerro, a fellow avid blogger, said in one of her recent posts that she doesnt like peaches and apricots.. and it reminded me when a girl at work was offering Chris and i some meshmesh (i still get mixed up which is which) and i said "no thank you" and she insisted so i said "asli bakhaf menno" and its not like am really scared of it.. i just dont feel comfortable around it because it is vulnerable (and not because of the skin like Nerro but because of insects)... bass people made a joke out of it and called it "meshmesha 3awwwww" :D

* Plasticine
I was at a big stationary (S&A) last saturday with nevine and i was amazed by the quantities and variety of colors they have :) i found also all sorts and sizes of play-dough or plasticine.. I bought a small piece of white plasticine (selsal) because i wasnt familiar with the type so i wanted to try it out.. and i now have it on my desk.. a friend at work made me a small white airplane (that i had to destroy for need of material :)) and another girl made me a chapeau with a ribbon thats on my monitor at work... i decided to take this dough and play around with it in meetings.. and also when i need to vent off at my desk.. its more fun than ur regular stress ball because it doesnt just spring back into place when u leave it, but it absorbs all ur stress to make even a silly looking clump sitting there on the desk..

hmmmm... i had two other points to talk about but the "lovely" blogger refreshed itself and so i lost them because i didnt save... so i will post this now and continue points tom :)

Over and out,

6 comments:

Christian said...

lol @ Meshmesha 3aw, good times. I just burst into laughter as soon as I read the bullet point.

7amdella 3al salama too! What was that budapest thing all about? I'm seeing pictures on msn spaces of all ITWorx people and never met anyone online to tell me about it. Was it business oriented or a group trip or what?

Still looking for what you wanna do eh? Well at least you're still looking, most people I know would just give up and keep on doing whatever they have to until they find out a decade later that they don't wanna go on. Keep it up!

Christian said...

Oh and thanks for trying to explain what plasticine is, I still don't get it though, why don't you post a wikipedia link and a few photos to illustrate?

Anonymous said...

Selsal

Anonymous said...

I stopped playing with stress balls during meetings for like 6 months now...as it happened that I was that close"." from hitting someone in the face...fa now that I liked the plasticine idea...guess am gonna pay a visit to S&A during lunch :D

Nag said...

ya Chris ya mostafezz.. the only reason i explained it is because when i tried saying plasticine, many people didnt know what am talking about :@ and being the generous soul that i am, i decided to explain it to you -my esteemed audience-

anyways, whatever..

Christian said...

lol, is that polite for ignorant audience? :P
Glad I still got it, the ability to provoke you :P

Seriously though, wikipedia does have a page about plasticine. Apparently that's a trademark too, the generic term being modeling clay.

But I can never use it instead of stress balls, it's too soft. Besides, it can never bounce back when I throw it at a wall (or a computer monitor in some cases)