Tuesday, July 05, 2005

1602

I was hesitant between a number of titles for my blog today:
* 1602
* Office Space
* (something else that i forgot!)


Let me elaborate.. since i chose 1602 for the title, i will explain "Office Space" first :)

Office Space is a very cool movie that everyone who works in the corporate world (esp. the IT one) will relate to one way or the other.. i wont proceed to talk about the movie.. but there is this character, Milton, who is hilarious.. they were downsizing, so they fire him, but they pity him sooo much that no one bothers to tell him and they just let him at his desk... Milton (who has a fishy infatuation with his stapler) keeps doing nothing like always.. at one point they need his space so they move him to another crammed space, then this keeps going on until they move him to the store, turn off the light and just leave him there.. and all throughout, he really doesnt sense any danger :)

Why am I mentioning this now? Because Monday i was moved to my 345435th place since i came here :) when i first came, i sat at a desk of someone who was in Hijj.. then i went to a place between two places (imagine two L-shaped cubicles, i was in the shared area), then i moved to a place in a nice cubicle but 2 floors above my dept, then i move back again with my dept, then now i moved back 2 floors up but at the very far end.. and next week i will move back to the right floor :) AND i still havent been here 6 months!! the thing is, they have this idea here that ppl from the same project should sit together... i actually think its really smart.. but i lose because i dont actually work closely with someone else... so am the lightest move :)

1602 ba'a............................. Karim-Bo sent me a msg a couple of days ago when we were in Hurghada saying that he sent me something but he regrets it because he thinks am not going to like it.. i go like "no no i'll like anything from you" and i think to myself its too early to wonder now.. lets wait a week or so.. Anyhow, so yesterday (Monday) i come back from the trip to find loooooooooads of stuff... my machine is disconnected, i dont know where my new place is, some stuff i arranged was about to be cancelled without my knowledge blablabla.... So, in the middle of a hectic rough tough day, a colleague here comes up to me, hands me something and says "Dia Helmy sent you this".. i tell her "Dia? sent me? (then i understand) eshta thank you".... soooooo, i look at it AND it is......................... A MARVEL COMIC BY NEIL GAIMAN!!!!

i luv luv luv it!

all Marvel characters (The Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, and X-Men) who initiated in 60's America are set in the 17-century England the Neil Gaiman way!! :) it is MEGA cool...

i luv the book... Karim you are _da_ man!

and Adam's Mom, i luuuuuuuuuv Adam's Dad... he is sooooooooooo very nice and friendly to everyone (i went to introduce myself, he warmly greated me before he knew who i was :))

Enough for now, but Karim, Thou Hast Mine Gratefulness Forever!

Pie Pie

5 comments:

Nag said...

when i re-read my post, i discovered loooooooooooads of errors.. "Greated" instead of "greeted" blablabla

anyway.. am a very messy office person myself.. seriously! am very "clean" around the office (i dont like eating at my desk and all that), but am extremely messy.. you find old post-it notes (i discovered that some ppl dont know what post-it notes is! they think its called sticky notes), you find a ribbon from a gift wrapping, you find a McDonald's Happy Meal toy, my Frog Prince soft toy holding a rose, a CD case, some receipts, a nice ceramic with an engraved coffee cup colored by me (its from a pottery cafe' in helio where one can color and glaze their own drawings), you find a sound card CD.. and that all is aside from the papers everywhere around me :)
AND aside from whats in my two mega big bags, but thats another story :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE office space btw...it's on my list of all time favourite movies on the blog, I'd recommend this fan site for the movie. Nag Maybe I should get you a red stapler to complete the image :p

As for Dia...HE IS THE MAN...i've been reading Nagia's blog for a while and i didn't know that "adam's mom" knows Dia Helmy...so allow me introduce myself..I'm Kareem Mostafa and I'm working on the Sikorsky account, and Dia is our engagement manager over there in the US dealing with one of the most annoying clients ever and he's doing an incredible job taming that client :D

The Duke of Darkness said...

Well
we move on Nag
although in your case, it seems like an ongoing process. It's okay if you'd ask me. you just need to find your prespective. In a way it would help never develop an attachment to a certain place. which is good becuase it would make your moving on decisions easier.

After all nothing you have is really yours, it all belongs to the corporate.

Adam's Mom,

Why didn't you come with Adam's Dad? would have been great to meet you.

Nag said...

well, actually am the kind that gets attached to places.. more like cats (i can deal with ppl changing but not with places ;))

So, to conclude, Adam's Family are actually nice people :)

i agree with Duke, you shouldve come to Egy :) are you also an ITWorxian?

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! diet pill stronger than didrex Long term insurance quotes in scotland