Monday, September 08, 2014

simplicity/complexity

life should be simpler.. grudges should not be held.. everything should be sorted out if someone in denial texted the other with a reminder of love, and asked to go see a movie or have a coffee.. A lot of time is wasted on blame and finger-pointing.. a lot of energy is wasted in blocking the other, even more so than the energy spent in the actual fight..

I do not know if it is wisdom that came with age, or simple resignation to the reality and burdens of life, but I have developed tolerance.. accommodation.. forgiveness.. understanding.. and I look for the same.. I have even gone so extreme as to fight over intolerance! (quite contradictory)..

I am having "dreams" again these days, the ones that blur wakefulness with sleep, and where I wake up knowing answers to questions I was asking. I wake up satisfied, knowing truth in my heart. But does the other know that?

A dog has a terribly loud and scary bark, and a man is terrified. "Don't worry", the owner says, "don't you know a dog's bark is worse than its bite?". And the man responds, "I know, but I wonder if the dog knows."

It is like that. I know the truth in my heart, and I believe, but I wonder if the other knows it. And I mean no moral or intellectual superiority here, it was not exactly an easy ride. 

No comments: