Sunday, May 25, 2008

Benefit of Doubt or Doubting the Benefit




Doubting the Benefit
I love giving people the benefit of doubt.. not ALL people, but people who mean something to me. Having said that, I must admit that this benefit of doubt thing doesnt come for free. It comes with me needing the other to acknowledge me giving them this benefit.. not to rub it in your face for sure.. but i just need you to know that I know this and I know that, and I choose the better option.. once this is done, khalass.. i dont bring it up again..

Now, thinking that you will give me a taste of my own medicine, here is what you do.. I tell you something that you totally dont buy, so you go and tell me "I dont believe you, but i will give you the benefit of doubt" !! Just the fact that you told me "i dont believe you" eliminates any doubt of the benefit of doubt thing... walla eih??

You seriously dont believe I do that.. however, you should know that for everything 10 things i doubt, there are a 100 i block.. Yes, I _am_ a hard headed crazy psychotic woman! (and yes i know you only agree with the crazy psychotic part!).. mashi ya 3am ;)


The Storyteller
"So do you like children?" the 12-yr old girl asks me.. "No, I just love books." I replied with a grin.. This was in my storytelling event on Friday.. I enjoyed it more than they did, and I realized I really have a thing for Dr. Seuss!! but given our culture, then i either need to look for another equity, or just think of a different audience..


The Extra Helpful Waiter
Scene I: I walk in, I am on the phone, I stand in front of the display picking something to eat.. The waiter comes by and keeps mouthing "asa3dek f 7aga?" silently so as not to disrupt my call.. I totally miss what he's trying to say and in the end I hang up to see what he has to tell me!!

Scene II: I am engulfed in my little universe.. earphones on, music very loud, just to block everything around me.. The waiter passes by.. stands in front of me.. I pretend not to notice but he persists.. he keeps gesturing at me until i finally look up.. he asks me if the order is ok :D I fight the temptation to reply, "well, it was ok until you asked!" and instead i give a polite smile and yes it's perfect, and that is that..


My Secret
Sometimes I pretend to be picky and demanding because I want to reject before being rejected..


Epilogue
The Question: "Will that make you change your idea about me?"..
The Answer: "No dear, it will make me confirm my idea about you."

3 comments:

Nerro said...

La2 La2, Dr. Seuss rules, go for different audience :D

Nag said...

Nerro-
you're the only one you actually knows what happened there, I am ready to buy your silence ;)

everyone know that they were 15-20 kids and they were soooo enchanted by the story..

yalla give me some constructive (or destructive) criticism offline :D

Anonymous said...

Something tells me you were happier than the kids, non?