Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Truth about Cats and Dogs and other Fairytales..

Cats
I've had a lot of cat metaphors recently related to me:
* the movie, Truth about Cats & Dogs, keeps coming up.. the same argument over and over again.. would you choose comfort or thrill? someone cheering for your league or way out of your league? They cant always seem to link how comfort sometimes IS a hidden thrill.. judging and labeling.. fa eih ya3ni? (my famous phrase!) why do you care about the label when its the feeling that counts?? just get along!

* "el 2ott ye7eb khana2o" this phrase has been used in conjuction with me unlimitied number of times in a million contexts and no matter how i try to explain, i cant get them to understand that el 2ott doesnt like khana2o.. el 2ott likes someone, and this someone happens to yekhno2o.. i dont like you BECAUSE you abuse me, i like you IN SPITE of the abuse!

* the same old sneaking (or is it gracefully walking?) like a cat and just giving people this "cat look".. Heba and I used to call it "cat out alone in the rain" look..


Of becoming a Pastafarian
I came across this wiki page a while ago http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster and altho it might -strongly- offend what i believe in.. yet i found the idea hilarious and the way he challenged their ideas quite entertaining.. So the other day am @ Diwan (the day i got that blue notebook) and i saw "The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster" containing the Eight "I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts".. anyway i got it a coupla days ago, and started reading it right away.. So far it is really interesting.. the thing about it, is that it makes you requestion your faith in stuff.. which -to me- can actually be a way to regain, revive, or reinforce faith.. It makes you wonder why you believe in what you believe, and dig deeper in this paradigm.. Bobby Henderson (the originator and author) does that in a cool way by illustrating how correlation doesnt equal causation (a favorite topic of mine!) through establishing that "global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of pirates since the 1800s" (where pirates are FSM "chosen people"!)

ah yes, hear this, followers of FSM are called Pastafarians..

I particularly liked this one from the Eight
I'd really rather you didn't build multi million-dollar churches/temples/mosques/shrines to my noodly goodness when the money could be better spent (take your pick):
* Ending poverty
* Curing diseases
* Living in peace, loving with passion, and lowering the cost of cable



Predispositions, Assumptions, and Preconceived Notions
Hate them.. try to prove it wrong in every possible way.. but what i hate most is that i sometimes end up using them myself!


Total Perspective Vortex
The Total Perspective Vortex, in the fictional world of Douglas Adams's The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, is the most horrible torture device to which a sentient being can be subjected. Located on Frogstar World B, it shows its victim the entire unimaginable infinity of the universe with a very tiny marker that says "You Are Here" which points to a microscopic dot on a microscopic dot.

Instead of thinking how significant we are -to the universe, to those around us, and to our closest people- how about for a change we consider how INsignificant we are to the world? Makes all the difference!

Delirium Quote(s)
I just came into the book of quotable Sandman's that Karim got me a while ago men amrika, and i really liked these..

* "I like airplanes. I like anywhere that isn't a proper place. I like in-betweens." (Someone just said sthg similar about me 2 days ago!)

* "I am following my fish."

6 comments:

The Duke of Darkness said...

I do not know why do you lately write about the stuff that's actually on my mind...

I read your posts and look at my drafts and I am like there she goes again... only she wrote it better

it's this ability to be profund and dark but not necessarily gloomy that strikes me the most...

Zeww said...

-Thrill.. even if out of your league!
-Once you like someone.. there is bound to be abuse.. howa kedda.. fa eih ya3ni!
-FSM... quite interesting.. lend me the book once you're done.. I'm still waiting for stardust though!
-Total Perspective Vortex.. it would be great if everyone thought of themselves as a tiny "you are here" dot. But it would be totally depressing.. the feeling of helplessness and vulnerability...la2 balash...let's find middle grounds!
-And finally, can you lend me a fish to follow? I'm really lost!

Anonymous said...

Man! You're really becoming good at this blogging thing :)

Nag said...

Duke-
Where is the profoundness and darkness here?? I re-read it but fail to see.. i mean in my head maybe its there, but i didnt think i put it down "on paper". 3al 3omoom, we both know these moods.. its a price u pay for the "curse" that is a brain!

Zeww-
* there is thrill in comfort bardo.. but the thing is, one is tired of playing games.. i am not saying "settle" for less.. i am saying the best relations are those based on friendships not based on sparks and sweep u off ur feet and the worx!
* Abuse.. mesh lazem wallahi.. or maybe in degrees bass not necessarily screw their brains over or have them do the same to yours ya3ni.. we (you, i, and our likes) need to learn to let go and loosen the grip!
* FSM.. sure thing.. Stardust on my desk @ worx and since i'll be clearing this up this week, then expect it ur way soon.. 7afzi 3aleih :P
* TPV.. we tend to overestimate our value in other ppl's lives rather than underestimate... so its not abt helplessness, u still can make a difference as a dot, bass mat3esheesh ya3ni.. after all, ur whole planet is a dot!
* Fish, no i dont think so.. but u can have Barnabas the faithful doggie lent by Destruction. We cant have fish floating around out in the open keda

Karembu-
Bound to become good, been at it for quite sometime ya3ni and feeling quite inspired these days.

Here you go, another mini post!

HoSSaM said...

darkness & fairytales

we need many days to talk abut it ?

Christian said...

It's been a long time since I last checked your blog. I sort of second duke's idea, although you're about a year late.
-The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster has been sitting in my office for a year, unfortunately never got time to finish it.
-Corelation does not imply causation is a favorite topic of mine too! I lost count of how many emails I've sent to coworkers about that so far.

I'll go back now and read the rest of your blog :) I do remember now why I like you so much though :P