Sunday, March 12, 2006

piece of my mind..

She sits in her corner
Singing herself to sleep
Wrapped in all of the promises
That no one seems to keep
She no longer cries to herself,
No tears left to wash away
Just diaries of empty pages,
Feelings gone astray
But she will sing

'Till everything burns
While everyone screams
Burning their lies
Burning my dreams
All of this hate
And all of this pain
I'll burn it all down
As my anger reigns
'Till everything burns

Been listening to this song on my way to work this morning.. It's a lovely song.. aside from the dark lyrics, its really good..

I was thinking of stuff to post on my way here but they totally slipped my mind now... Anyway, i spent an extremely lazy weekend... i needed it i think.. I managed to finish NG's book :D it was a lovely lovely read... it had to have a bit of a visual description that made me hurt (he is a bit violent sometimes in his stories) but it was nice all the same....
It was a story about stories, and about songs..
Maybe now i will officially start "I saw Ramallah", and maybe not.. i dont live in a fantasy land, and i wont mind reading something that painful.. its just that i started it and it didnt "catch" me so am not that interested to go on.. I mean i tried Ghassan Kanafani and i liked him.. altho he wrote about politics and pain.. i like Mahmoud Darwish, a palestinian poet who captures all scenes in his words.. but i didnt feel this one captured me.. i will give it a chance tho.. being the accomodating person that i am :D and i will see how it goes...

hmmmm... what else.. kefaya keda for the day...


Ah, last week, on Thurs, Sherif arranged an HR breakfast at Chantilly for all the HR dept, and guess what, they asked me to join.. me and Wael -company president- (i dont write full names to reduce the google-ability! ;)) anyway.. so i was telling SA that i now belong in the "friends of HR" club.. aslan i stayed longer in the dept than any of the girls present there now, so i think i earned the honorary degree :D

one last note, i noticed that the comments area of my posts is designed mainly so that my humble readers exchange comments among each other with no referance whatsoever to the witty post by me :D

Cheers,
N.

12 comments:

The Duke of Darkness said...

you see nag? (Englishman Adjusting his glasses)
On a post like this what do you leave your readers to comment

Chris would say YALP
Bartner might ry to complement you with a couple of nice words about the song
and yout friends from the WORX would tell you how a sweetheart you are and a nice company you have been and they always like you around:P

and then.....

People would have to start talking to each other

It's inevitable

Anonymous said...

We come, we come with roll of drum: ta-runda runda runda rom!
We come, we come with horn and drum: ta-runa runa runa rom!
To Isengard! Though Isengard be ringed and barred with doors of stone;
Though Isengard be strong and hard, as cold as stone and bare as bone,
We go, we go, we go to war, to hew the stone and break the door;
For bole and bough are burning now, the furnace roars - we go to war!
To land of gloom with tramp of doom, with roll of drum, we come, we come;
To Isengard with doom we come!
With doom we come, with doom we come!

Nag said...

Well, Duke... at least Karembu wasnt up to ur expectations.. neither to any expectations...
actually ana mesh fahma 7aga! :D

The Duke of Darkness said...

The Ents' Marching Song
YALP

Anonymous said...

So how are you guys doing? Been so long since we last talked ...

Nag said...

Karim-
whats that? who are you?


Kareem-
you are digging your grave, beware... we have msn messenger for this kind of thing :P

Anonymous said...

I thought that after six months since I last commented here to just check on the guys and all :P ... It's annoying when blogs turn to chat rooms.

Eman M said...

You still have the sense of being one of the HR members anyway ;)

Christian said...

lool, and I'm sure Eman M didn't mean to offend :Pp

Christian said...

And duke, you read my mind.
I'm also glad the YALP thing is catching on :P One day, years from now, you might read an article in some encyclopedia about the origin of the term and how it came to be so common. "Most historians believe the inventor of the term is a guy with the blogspot identity christian. His comment on one of his friends' blog posts dated February 20th 2006 is the earliest we could trace the term back to."

Anonymous said...

:D

I like that

Nag said...

For some reason i came across this post, AND when i first read Duke's YALP i googled it because i thought its a known acronym! only when i read the thread did i get it...

how are you everyone? I dont remember if blogger back then had the follow up comments functionality or not. So I will see ;)