Monday, February 06, 2006

clumps and chunks..

* What am reading
I spent last weekend (not the one that just passed, the one before it) sick in bed.. Thursday night i was with Kareem, Meyo, and Sherif in City stars then i decided i cant stay any longer because am starting to feel dizzy and drained so i went home.. Anyway so it turned out i spent the whole weekend in bed with a bit of a fever and totally drained of energy.. during this weekend i finished two *lovely* books.. The Solitare Mystery for Jostein Gaarder (the author of Sophie's World) and "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Haddon. Weirdly enough, both books were such a joy to read... they both belong to the Karim Sobhi's collection that i claimed as mine :D It's been such a long time since i last read something that impressed me, and both books, esp. the second, got me totally hooked!! i definitely recommend them.... the week after that i didnt read anything of value (i discovered that i started to sleep late, which makes it hard to read in bed these days).. i think i might start with "I Saw Ramallah" for Mourid Barghouti... unfortunately it is out of print, so i could only get the English translation.. I think i will try to start on it tonight...

* Bloggable thoughts
Kareem claims i always steal his thoughts when we're talking and we come up with something and i go like "This is totally a bloggable thought" :D Thr truth is, it is usually something we both come up with.... You need to learn to share the credit ;)
One of *our* latest bloggable thoughts say that since both our phone bills exploded dramatically in the past months, then Vodafone and Mobinil are probably spending each night celebrating... dancing the night away, and opening champagne bottles in the glory of another day added to our bills :D

* Birthday
Last Wednesday was my birthday... (am starting to get bored now and thinking to call this blog off, but no i will go on).... Celebrating this glorious occasion, ppl at work got me a cake and surprised (as in _really_ surprised me) at my cubicle... i knew they were going to do something for me... it gets very predictable when u find ppl who hardly know you saying Happy Birthday and all :D Then something funny happened, one of my friends was like "sorry i wont be able to make tonite to Viking" so i was like totally silent.. fa she said "uh-oh did i screw it up?" i said i think so coz i dont know what ur talking about.. so another friend says that they were planning to do something for me but when they knew that am going out with Kareem, they changed their minds and decided to make it another day so pretend u didnt hear anything blablabla.... So Kareem picks me up at 7.... i initially think we're going to dine in Zamalek (he said Zamalek somewhere in his talks).. turns out we're staying in helio... he tells me he got me gift vouchers from Diwan and Virgin so that i might get whatever i want and all... i think "Bummer! i hate to pick my own gifts" but i tell him its cool and thank you but u have to choose them with me and all.. anyway, so he says i made us a reservation at Viking since u wanna go, so i tell him the story of the ppl at work and do u still wanna go, he says yes... so i think ok i wont burst his bubble...

To cut an extremely long story short: he organized a bday for me and invited my friends and our common friends... the place wasnt as good as we thought but i sooooooooooooo wanted to try it, so i got my wish... i had an extremely nice time... _and_ he didnt get me gift vouchers after all, he got me a lovely Esprit watch :D (i've been wanting a wristwatch for so long but i didnt expect one).. Thank you everyone :)

some ppl i wanted to see but couldnt:
-Duke; he was in Brussels, couldnt call me coz my fone was dead (as da wife told me).. but Mayo Ze Lovely came and it was enough..
-Karembu & Chris; in the states, and i had to remind Karim of my bday anyway
- Nevine Fouda, Nevine Nabil (who was an essential part of the work bday along with Zeww), Emy... were in Cairo but had excuses...

* Google-able!
i discovered that blogspot is highly google-able.. hence, i decided to try and not use any words that are highly searchable... i like to believe i can somehow restrict access to my blog.. (even tho am publishing my thoughts on the World Wide Web :))

* Quotables ;)
You live and learn. At any rate, you live. ~Douglas Adams

The saddest song you ever heard - the most you said with just one word
The loneliest prayer you ever prayed - the truest vow you ever made
What makes you laugh, what makes you cry
What makes you mad, what gets you by
You highest high, your lowest low - these things I want to know

I wanna know you - like I know myself
I’m waitin’ for you - there ain’t no one else
Talk to me baby - scream and shout
I wanna know you - inside out

~ Bryan Adams, Inside Out


Cheers,
N.


p.s. Another addendum to this post will come later today :)

1 comment:

Christian said...

A very very belated Happy Birthday ya Nagaiaia :)
I too wish I were with you on that "glorious occasion" :) I was kinda pleasantly suprised I was mentioned in the post actually. Not the newspaper, your post :)