Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Snip-it ;) (not Snippet)

(Been in my drafts for a while now.. time to see the light :))

* The Merchant of Venice
(I watched the Al Pacino movie with Mai and Sherif a while ago.. it is highly recommended.. this a piece of Shylock monologue in the trial when asked why he wants Antonio's flesh.. Read it deeply and think.. Aren't we all the same (wo)man after all?)
To bait fish withal: if it feed nothing else, it will feed my revenge. He hath disgraced me, and hindered me half a million, laughed at my losses, mocked at my gains, scorned my nation, thwarted my bargains, cooled my friends, heated mine enemies; and what's his reason? I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge! If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge! The villainy you teach me I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

* Sister
My sister now knows the way to my blog.. It is scary :) Weirdly enough tho, it made her know a lot about me, stuff that never came up.. what i like and dont like blablabla...

* Pre-appraisal
it went fine... one time i will tell you all about it :):) now we're preparing for the formal appraisal in 2 weeks time.. wish us (and me) luck..

* Nermeena..
http://nermeena.blogspot.com This girl is a sweetheart really... very very sweet... thumbs up to her.. only met her like a couple of times but we talk a lot.. she is one good girl :D

i was planning to talk a lot but i dont feel like it :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nag you are a sweet pie begad...thanks sweety..I just love our talks, it's been a relief talking to you the other day...begad u r such a wonderful person "I mean it". Best of luck with the appraisal :))

Christian said...

My sister now knows the way to my blog.. It is scary :) Weirdly enough tho, it made her know a lot about me

I'm sure it made her know a lot more lyrics too.

Anonymous said...

Hey...I thought you said you were blogging something to keep me company (actually you said to keep my company, but I don't have a company!)...where is it?

@nerro - I love the zoo photos.

Anonymous said...

Thanks ya Karim...and welcome back :)