Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Maybe a long one, maybe not..

So, i decided to blog :) and so i decided to write whatever points/keywords that come on my mind throughout the day in order to find something to blog about... so here goes my points and what i decided to write... (if this turns out to be a long blog, you dont have to read it all at one time.. it might be a loooooooong time before i blog again, so just savor it ;))

* My alarm clock:
I "acquired" a new alarm clock :) I had seen it in Everyman's and in Nuts @ Nuts and now i have one :) its one of these old-style metal ones with the external alarm bell thing.. except that this one has a background of a biiiiig pink-red heart.. it also has a couple of bckgrnd led lights to see the time when its dark :) i havent actually tried it yet.. everyday i wake up on my phone alarm before it rings.. but i think it will wake up the whole house..... a lovely possession..

* Alexandria:
I am going to ITWorx Alex tomorrow and after.. i will take the 8 a.m. train tom morning, and come back in the 7 p.m. train thursday afternoon.. i will be at work but planning to leave early (3:30-4:00 max) in order to get the maximum of my day :) my sister is coming along and we do hope it turns out to be a good idea :) i need the change of venue and i luv downtown Alexandria.. except that i luv it more when its less occupied with people... but its cool...

My favorite spots in Alex include:
Breakfast in Trianon.. forget the ones here, the original one over there oozes with antiquity.. a childhood favorite that grew with me.. also linked with a christmas / new year vacation i spent there..
Chocolat Glace' (Iced chocolate) in Brazilia.. a couple of blocks from Trianon.. the best "stand up" cafe' i've ever seen.. you'd expect Abd El Wahhab maybe to walk in while sipping your cafe'/cafe' au lait, chocolat glace' or even ice-cold milk... again a childhood favorite..
a hidden syrian/lebanese restaurant that i will never be able to find.. i used to go there with my family, sometimes aunts and uncles who in turn went with grampa.. but i havent been there in like 13-15 years anyway..

Last year, Duke was on yet another business trip, so Mai (Duke's wife) and i decided to go on a one-day to Alex... It was just sooooooooooooo perfect.. it also included my first (and last) visit to the Bibliotheca.. and we almost walked over all downtown :) but thats also a story for another day...


* Smoke gets in your eyes
I remembered this song a while ago, sung by Frank Sinatra (among others).. i dont know why.. and its been playing over in my mind ever since:
They said someday you'll find
All who love are blind
When your heart's on fire
You don't realise
Smoke gets in your eyes

(i like the metaphor.. that one gets tearful so its like smoke got in your eyes)

* Resolutions
i have this mini micro notebook that is divided into many sections.. in one of them, i had some resolutions i put at the start of this year (i dont usually put resolutions).. too bad to discover i didnt stick to any of them... hmmmm... maybe just a couple, one of them was a "depend on ME" kind of thing.. (trying to eliminate emotional dependance blablabla)... i liked one that said "Give up any one item of craving every day" :) when you come to think of it, if you give up just a teeny meeny thing each day, you'll be a little bit less needy and more self-sufficient.. sometimes one might not even notice these cravings..

*Until
another song by Sting.. however, i didnt want to put it in a separate blog because people are bugged when i blog lyrics :) i always thought it would make a good wedding dance.. which reminds me that i wanted to make a blog about my best wedding dances :) i luuuuuuuuuv Until's lyrics.. unfortunately it was released in any of his albums; its in Kate & Leopold soundtrack..

If I caught the world in a bottle
And everything was still beneath the moon
Without your love would it shine for me?
If I was smart as Aristotle
And understood the rings around the moon
What would it all matter if you loved me?

Here in your arms where the world is impossibly still
With a million dreams to fulfill
And a matter of moments until the dancing ends
Here in your arms when everything seems to be clear
Not a solitary thing would I fear
Except when this moment comes near the dancing's end

If I caught the world in an hourglass
Saddled up the moon so we could ride
Until the stars grew dim, Until...

One day you’ll meet a stranger
And all the noise is silenced in the room
You’ll feel that you're close to some mystery
In the moonlight and everything shatters
You feel as if you’ve known her all your life
The world’s oldest lesson in history

Here in your arms where the world is impossibly still
With a million dreams to fulfill
And a matter of moments until the dancing ends
Here in your arms when everything seems to be clear
Not a solitary thing do I fear
Except when this moment comes near the dancing’s end

Oh, if I caught the world in an hourglass
Saddled up the moon and we would ride
Until the stars grew dim
Until the time that time stands still, Until...

4 comments:

Christian said...

well I had to do this.
I intended yelling at you if the lyrics part comprised 50% or more of the post, as it would still count as lyrics blog post.
Fortunately (for you at least), it turns out the post is 5156 bytes and the lyrics is "just" 1700 byte, so it's around 33% of the post which is still much but tolerable :P

Anonymous said...

Chris I can't believe u actually counted the bytes to find out how much lyrics is in there...I'm not a big fan of blogging lyrics bas mesh keda ya3nee :D

Nag said...

i cant believe both of you guys commented on the bytes and no one commented on the actual blog..

Men!

where has the sentiments gone?

what has this world come to!

Anonymous said...

It has come to this: not only people are blogging lyrics instead of putting links to it, they're not telling us how it relates to their lives or memories...fa it's very confusing. Also this post has so many points in it so commenting on it would be something like this:
1- Congratulations on the alarm clock
2- I love Alex awy; like downtown Cairo keda it has a feeling of the beautiful past, u can actually spend the whole day walking up and down the streets
3- I went to Brazilia once with my grand father and i loved it, as favourite places there was this restaurant in Montazah called Taverna i think we used to go there alot
4- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: I think Sinatra meant that when u're in love u sometimes can't see straight ...love is blind ya3nee

Bas keda...I have spoken