Saturday, June 25, 2005

Things I'll never say..

(thats a title to an Avril song.. but its not related)

Soooo... my 2nd blog for the day... i decided to "adopt" (not steal, adopt) Duke's method of listing what he doesnt like.. but i will list things that i both like or dont like....


  • i dont like lying.. i dont like knowing that someone is lying to me _while_ they are lying.. it's "ok" to know it later, but not while they're actually lying.. i dont like justifications; either me giving them or receiving them.
  • i dont like people placing assumptions on what i will or wont do.. If i said i wont do something and ended up doing it, i dont like people saying "i knew you'd do it" because i dont like the "i know you better than yourself" assumption.
  • i dont like people emotionally blackmailing me.. Chances are, am not good enough to submit to blackmail but not bad enough to ignore it.. So more often than not, i wont do whats asked and i wont feel good about it, resulting in the blackmailer feeling bad and me feeling bad..
  • on the other hand, i dont like it when people dont have faith in me.. when they dont ask me for help where i could be of help.. so too many expectations won't do, too little expectations won't do.. yes, am a bit silly about that..
  • hmmmm... what else.. i like walking around in zamalek till i get lost :) well, not actually "lost".. If am alone then i usually try to walk perpendicular or parallel to 26th July Street so that i dont end up lost.. if am with someone, then its no big deal because just about _anyone_ has a better sense of direction than mine :)
  • I just discovered that "My Alternative Reality" is such a common phrase, it bugged me..
  • I like Alice in Wonderland.. i really do.. i relate to her a teeny meeny little bit..
  • I used to luv Paradise Pie at Chilis until i tried Molten Chocolate Cake :) now its a tough call! the best ice-cream/hot cake mix i ever had was at La Mamma at Gezira Sheraton.. a hot chocolate cake that is empty from inside (imagine a chocolate cupcake that is hollow), with vanilla ice-cream on the side.. it was out of this world! the cake was soooooooooooo hot, soooo paper thin and soooo moist..
  • i am soooo hungry and i really feel like ending this post...

ta ta..

16 comments:

Christian said...

hehehehe, I won't shock you with my theories about men/women differences regarding this. Because people think I'm a sexist when I discuss those theories.
But anyway, you remind me a lot of my ex-gf, I guess I told you that before. But each day I find out something new that you two share.
She was very strongly opinionated about that "I know you better than yourself" assumption that you think people sometimes make.

I agree it would be annoying from someone you don't know that well, but I believe there are some very few people that I would like for them to know me better than my own self. This way I can count on them when I have no clue.

Christian said...

And it's one of the criteria ya nevine :p
I already ignored "premptive" on duke's blog, so don't say I'm not trying *angel_face*

Anonymous said...

there are exceptions to every rule, but i do believe that men and women are more suited to different thing than each other (what a terribly stated sentence!) anyway, i believe most men are better drivers than most women and also that most men have a better sense of direction than most women. so i guess, chris, that you're not the only "sexist" around :) however, i do believe that most women look much prettier than most men ;) and also that most women look better in evening gowns than most men.

Christian said...

yes nevine I know about criterion vs. criteria, I'm more than just a spell checker :D And I noticed "son't", I'm just getting used to letting go of the small things ;) es diversiĆ³n ;)

Karembu, the statement is very well stated :) It's exactly what I believe. And excellent job on inserting the last 2 statements :D You're a natural diplomat.

The Duke of Darkness said...

Nag,

I am glad to such an influence on you. I have always considered you as a loyal deciple of the dark side

You forgot one important thing in your list: " El Meshmesha 3awwwww"

:)))))))))))))))))))))))

Christian said...

e7em
That's a story for another day, 3.alwesh 3.alwesh :p

Nag said...

hmmm :)
it's just that i told Chris that i dont eat meshmesh (apricot/peach) because am "scared" of it... Ideally the word meant eno i dont like it because it is "vulnerable to anomaly attacks" in computer terms... so its likely to have full civilizations living in it :)

Chris ba2a took it that i am scared of meshmesh like am scared of the Boogeyman :) (altho am not scared of the Boogeyman)

c'est tout!

The Duke of Darkness said...

Well I did want to have my own post about " El Meshmesha 3aww".

Becasue all of my life, I have been eating apricots and they are actually my favourite fruits

Until very recently meyo and Nag were in absolute shock and I mean ABSOLUTE shock with the way i ate apricots.

I bite them without opening them and checking around for worms inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a fool am I

Absolute fool and ignorant human being for not checking apricots for worms before eating them!!!!

I can't believe how did | live to this age. Them worms must be eating into my brains!!!!

So, just to prove them wrong, I am not a lone crusader fighting for the apricot's right to be trusted.

Everytime I come to eat an apricot fruit, I open it, Check it, and announce in a loud and clear voice that it is worm free!!!:))

I hope that the statistics would silence the sterotypes.

Anybody wants to join me in my fight for the apricot to right to be equal to all other fruits and be eaten without being checked for worms!!!!

Christian said...

lol, yes nevine, I stopped at this exact statement when I was writing but was too lazy to do anything about it. Next time I will though :p

And I knew karembu had this coming :D
Cuz it happened to me a couple of times when I did exactly what he did :D You are never satisfied with what we give you credit for :p
It's always like "so you're giving us looks, duh!" or "you're giving us emotions, duh!"
Well it's not like we can give you chess or driving :p

Nag said...

Chris, i cant believe you!!!

really... you are soooo conceited!

"you're so vain.. you probably think this song is about you"

And Nevine, thank you for standing up for our gender :)
you're da (wo)man!

whats your sign? (no ya Chris am not a typical female, but it so happens that people with similar signs think somewhat similarly!)

Nag said...

Chris i hereby call you for a chess match..
name when and where, and i'll be there....

ask karembu keda! we played on his Palm Pilot :)

The Duke of Darkness said...

I can't believe that the apricot right got lost in this vain gender rights war

I can't feel anythin but pity for wise ladies and gentelmen failing to pick their fights!!!

Anonymous said...

yes yes...a lot to learn, i have yet. as for the apricot issue, bartner, should i assume that the percentage of apricots in which you find worms is equal to the percentage of, say, oranges that you in which you find them? i don't think that's a stereotype. the apricot is the most worm-prone fruit i've encountered so far.

Anonymous said...

she's an aquarius :)

Christian said...

:D
"El donya bit rubby?" walla "ze wife bit rubby?" :p


P.S.
No offence, I mean this all in good fun :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Land rover defender double cab pick ups gps Pay per click affiliate directories Lasik eye surgury canada Lexus gs300 sport driver air bag paris hilton movie trailer Illinois home insurance companies Bontril before 3 00 cod Mid missouri tv lamictal blurred vision Xenical results pictures lamictal for anxiety Acyclovir effects on metabolism