Monday, January 09, 2012

Proof of Love

we search for little proofs that the other(s) loved us. Small pieces of evidence that they cared when they said they did, and sometimes pieces of evidence that they still do. Anything that the other does or says can be interpreted to mean what we please: If they call, it is because they still miss us, if they don't it is because getting over us is too hard and they cannot do it right if they are still in touch. It is hard on our self-esteem, pride, and maybe heart, to believe that they are gone for good, and that maybe -just maybe- they never were there to start with.

I remember this when I think of things one told me to feel less alone (we share secrets to feel "less alone", that's what I believe). Maybe it was not really a secret, maybe it was a dear little piece of information. Regardless, you shared, you trusted, you loved.

The fact that the others come back to question this love (or we do) does not mean it wasn't there in the first place. So yes, if I can find my little pieces of evidence to proof you/I did, then maybe you/I did. But what good would it be to know now?

1 comment:

sab7al5air said...

We sonetime wonder does it really mater isnt it enought that we loved even if they didnt love us in return.
Loved ur post