Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Round and round and round... Vicious circles..

My whole life is a bit round around the edges. No sharp angles, no pointed corners. There is nothing definite, nothing determined, everything open to discussion. I just fade out or phase out then blend in because I believe I choose my battles, and right now I cant find a battle worth fighting. That's what you get when you cross a circle with real life.

*
Today I am
A small blue thing
Like a marble
Or an eye

With my knees against my mouth
I am perfectly round
I am watching you

I am cold against your skin
You are perfectly reflected
I am lost inside your pocket
I am lost against
Your fingers

I am falling down the stairs
I am skipping on the sidewalk
I am thrown against the sky

I am raining down in pieces
I am scattering like light
Scattering like light
Scattering like light

Today I am
A small blue thing
Made of china
Made of glass

I am cool and smooth and curious
I never blink
I am turning in your hand
Turning in your hand
Small blue thing

~ Suzanne Vega, Small Blue Thing

7 comments:

Fadfadation said...

Can i add your bolg to my Blog list as a link?

Nag said...

You are the first one who actually asked before doing it :) sure, why not.

Fadfadation said...

asly waad mo2adab...lol

Christian said...

Dude, this is the worst opener ever :P

Nag said...

Chris-

You have a mouth soooo fast it was going to get you fame and fortune if it were a gun and you were in the American West around last century!

Fadfadation is not someone who "stumbled" across my blog and decided on a whim to add the link.. (if he were i wouldnt have bothered replying back!)

He is one of Kareem's best friends :D (a friend of mahfouz too)

lazem dayman keda? :P


Fadfadation-
Meet Chris, a friend of ours who is now in the states @ Microsoft..


Now thats settled, good night..

Christian said...

Nice to "meet" you fadfadation :)

Nagaiaia You inferred all that, I didn't say anything about him being someone who stumbled across your blog :P
It's still a bad opener :P

I kinda like your description of my mouth though, I think I'll write it down where I keep my testimonials.

I kinda miss you.

Anonymous said...

Well Chris... worste or not, it worked didn't it? hehehehe

lol