Monday, March 11, 2013

city of the dead

It is very cruel in this city that is a mixture of Gotham city and Ankh-Morpork.
People are cruel and they smell like a mixture of feet (that unclean masjid bathrooms smell), dust, and gebna roumi.
A city that never sleeps but is lazy in its endless waking hours... I am so tired here, so exhausted. Everything is so dusty, even the people's souls..

Yes I am judgmental, they tell you to start with the change in yourself. Well, I take a shower every day, I wash myself and I wash my thoughts.. I started carrying smaller weights, to be lighter to move... but then the loads come on and start piling up again, and I go back to moving on with my 2 loads... wanting my laptop to be identified as a separate entity from my self. Here you go, I started. Your turn, world.

I get my energy refill from my favorite baby boy, followed by my closest circle. But I fear for the souls of those closest to me, I see them withering like I am... on and off.

Mama has become incredibly considerate at times. I think she is going through the same, and hence we are exchanging the care-taker role.

I think I am suffering from chronic stress... I noticed my heartbeats race faster whenever people raise their voices (even if not at me) and whenever I hear car horns. Please, don't raise your voice. I raise my heartbeats and my voice to match you.

I do not bite my nails anymore, have been nail-biting-free for more than a year now.. Papi would be proud.

I have become nostalgic to my father's family, kinder to strangers, tolerant to stupid waiters -letting go their small insignificant mistakes..

This world needs more error-tolerance margins.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The world needs more people like you ya Noga :-)

You're actually being quite inconsiderate towards Christians. How are we supposed to know the unclean masjid bathroom smell??

Also, you shower every day...han3addeeha...but how do you wash your insides? Do the little people help you out what? You reminded me of a fish bring opened up and cleaned :-D

Nag said...

anony! I changed it right after I posted, you were quick! It became "thoughts" not "insides", for lack of a better word.. why do you have typos? phone auto-correct?

it is easy to get the smell, use your imagination..

also, the little people always help.

Dopekid scar said...

Wow...impressed is what i am!