Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Translate my Thoughts

Some people have the ability of taking normal thoughts, bad thoughts, good thoughts, ugly thoughts, dark thoughts, and turning it into beautiful words.. My friend the Duke is one of them, and I cannot find more to say here.. He wrote the below a couple of months ago after a long talk I had with him about me wanting to "cut the umbilical cord that ties me to certain people in my life"... Enjoy! (except Duke probably :)) I love the turn of events at the end: "into another grip".. some people never learn!


I’ve thrown your umbilical noose around my neck
I built myself a little home inside your womb
Now I can’t breathe anymore
And if I cut it, I’ll just wither and die
At your door

Release Me
Unleash Me

I want to break free from your tender grip
I wish I can close my eyes and slip
Into the darkness
Far far away
From your tender grip

I’ve stabbed your heroine needle in my veins
You take me high and down again
The higher I climb, the harder I fall
And I crash and I crumble into million little pieces
At your door

Distill Me
Unbreak Me

I want to break away from your habit
I want to stand on the edge
And freefall into the darkness
Far far away
Into another tender grip…

2 comments:

The Duke of Darkness said...

hmmmmmm

We are not going to have one of your remixes to that one, are we?

Remeber you can't count on your fingers your remaining real friends anymore .....

Nag said...

actually i CAN count them on one hand kaman! :D