Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Nostalgia

Am in a really nostalgic mood these days.. To top it off, I heard 2 phrases yesterday that brought up a load of memories:
Smart Cards
Hong Kong

Now anyone who knows me well enough will know what these mean/meant to me..

Zeww (Yasmine) was on a one day office visit between her assignment @ Dubai so she passed by my desk, took one look at the document am reading and went like "yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" (she knows the history i had with SCs!)

HK ba'a.. they brought it up in the talk about contactless SCs implemented there, Karembu ;)

SCs get me real emotional/passionate (to the point of trying to convince my mngr @ IBM that they needed to support my research for SC opportunities!).. but thats a story for another day..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those were some nice days :) Smart Cards (starting in caps like they're someone important!!) are quite stupid, really. Remember our phone booth photo? We were late and Rihab was really ticked off.

Nag said...

leih el ghalat tayeb?
I can understand that you might not like Smart Cards.. Actually, no i cant understand that either!
Did you ever really work with them? Remember that VERY late night walk, you me & rihab in the park when we were VERY thirsty and i miraculously discovered how we can use the transport card to purchase from the vending machine? wasnt it a life saver?

LOL @ the phone booth thing... yes and we couldnt tell them that we were late because the pictures took so long to come out, instead we were like "WE GOT YOU SANDWICHES.. YAAAAAAAY" :D

who cares if we missed the shuttle to the other hostel then had to take public trasnport with our bags (remember khaled's bag?) and cross busy streets, then heba's bag start sliding down the slopey street and heba had to run after it... LOL.. it was worth it..

Thank God Duke wasnt there, he wouldve been pissed big time :D whereas Meyo wouldve been in the photo booth with us :D

Anonymous said...

LOL. I can imagine you saying "leih el ghalat tayeb?" and it's really hillarious.

I don't remember ANY of these things! No that's not true. I do remember the vending machine thing, unfortunately. I think I'm sick in the head. How can I not remember all that stuff???

I want my memory back. It's been hijacked.

Give it BACK!