Wednesday, January 11, 2006

* Saint Catherine
In Nerro's arabic blog, she talks about her trip to Saint Catherine.. i took a similar hike up 3, no 4, years ago... unfortunately we didnt manage to make it up in time for sunrise, but it was a glorious experience all the same.... I remember i was actually going to give up 10 stairs away from the top.. i just sat down and was like "you go on without me, i'll wait for you here!" (it wasnt the distance at all.. it was the cold.. i couldnt believe i can ever get that cold in Egypt..)

Anyway, so during the hike up, i was with a couple of girl friends (we were a big group but other ppl were either ahead or behind)... i like to take few breaks because i have a short breath so i prefer to walk and walk as much as i can take it because if i rest, it will take me long to regain my breathing.. so i move ahead of them while they rest until i reach a point where i have to rest... since i walk faster than average, i had like 45 minutes to kill until they catch up... during these 45 minutes a _lot_ of thinking went in my mind... and i mean a lot... i remember thinking so hard about stuff that tears started streaming down my face (a very stupid thing because they freeze on the spot :)) I just thought about many decisions that i made or was making at the time.. weirdly enough, back then i didnt have much to ponder about as much as i do now.. i could use a looooooong hike up in times like these :)

* What am reading
Finally finally finally i finished TP's discworld novel, Night Watch.... Duke, i'll return it to you soon... it was nice and all but still, may i never get that stuck in a book again... i think i will start Neil Gaiman's book of dreams that karembu got me (i can start with the Chris TP book, but too much TP is going to kill me! altho on 2nd thought, the book looks very inviting ;))....

* Song of the week....
Tired of Being Sorry by Ringside.. i didnt know the band or the song by i heard it on FM radio and loved it...

I don't know why
You want to follow me tonight
When the rest of the world
With whom I've crossed and I've quarreled
Let's me down so
For a thousand reasons that I know
To share forever the unrest
With all the demons I possess
Beneath the silver moon

Maybe you were right
But baby I was lonely
I don't want to fight
I'm tired of being sorry

* 2005: a Year in Review....
i started preparing for this post.. got (or borrowed ;)) the idea from Duke el sara7a :D

* My newest item
A colored scarf that Kareem got me last week :D i luv scarves, and this one is just soooooooooo cool.. it has all colors keda vertifcally, so the coolest thing is that it matches almost anything i can possibly think of wearing (not that i mind that my colors match anyway as long as i like them :D) we spent weeks aslan looking for one like this when we just ran into it in a shop's window by pure luck.. i luv it.. can i have another one?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't know you read my arabic blog aslan :))
Well,I wonder what's this thing with hikes and tears...Mabrook 3ashan the new scarf :)

Nightlegend said...

Congratulations on the new scarf & hope you enjoy the Neil Gaiman's book.